1. Service Description
SIB offers users with access to information primarily regarding Financial and Insurance goods and services, including but not limited to General Insurance, Life Insurance products and related services (including but not limited to renewals), through the Site (the "Service"). You are responsible for gaining access to the Site, which may incur third-party payments (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). Furthermore, you must provide and bear responsibility for all equipment required to access the Site. By using this site and providing your personal / contact information, you acknowledge that you are interested in availing and purchasing the Service(s) that you have chosen. You agree that SIB Insure may contact you electronically or by phone to understand your interest in the selected goods and Service(s) (such as renewals, reminders, and so on) and to meet your demand. You also accept that SIB reserves the right to make your information available to its affiliates and partners, and that the affiliates and partners may contact you for information and sales through email, phone, and/or SMS.
2. Site Access and License
SIB provides you a limited licence to access and use the Site and the Service for personal purposes. This licence does not permit the downloading or copying of any information for the profit of another person, vendor, or other third party. uploading, posting, or transmitting any content that you do not have a right to make available (such as another party's intellectual property); uploading, posting, or transmitting any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programmes designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware; any action that causes or may impose an excessive or disproportionately high burden on SIB's infrastructure (at SIB's sole discretion); or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data collecting and extraction methods. You may not circumvent any of SIB's security or access control procedures. Any unlawful use by you may result in the revocation of the authorization or licence granted to you by SIB. By using the Site, you agree not to:
- Use this Site or its contents for commercial purposes;
- Engage in any speculative, false, or fraudulent transaction or transaction in anticipation of demand; or
- Access, monitor, or copy any content or information on this Site using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission.
- Violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site, or bypass or circumvent other measures used to prevent or limit access to this Site;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure in our sole discretion;
- deep-link to any component of this Site for any purpose (including, without limitation, the purchase route for any service) without our explicit written consent; or
- "Frame," "Mirror," or otherwise integrate any part of this Site into any other website without our prior written licence.
Minors under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Service, nor are users who have been suspended or removed from the system for any reason by SIB Insure. Users may only have one active account. Furthermore, users are not permitted to sell, trade, or otherwise transfer their accounts to another person. You may not use the Service or the Site if you do not qualify.
4. Your Account
5. Submitted Content
SIB Insure makes no claim to the materials you make available through the Site. Such items may be featured in the Service in whole, in part, or in a modified form at SIB's sole discretion. You grant SIB Insure a perpetual, irrevocable, non-terminable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, and sublicense such materials or any part of such materials in relation to such materials you submit or make available for inclusion on the Site (as well as use the name that you submit in connection with such submitted content). You hereby represent, warrant, and covenant that any materials you contribute do not contain anything (including, but not limited to, text, photos, audio, or video) over which you do not have full authority to grant the licence provided in this Section 4. We accept no responsibility or liability for any content uploaded or contributed by you. We are under no obligation to submit your comments; we reserve the right to decide which comments are published on the Site at our own discretion. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not submit any content to us. You agree to accept full responsibility for the content you upload. You are not permitted to post or transmit to or from this Site:
- Any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material or content that would violate rights of publicity and/or privacy or any law;
- Any commercial material or content (including, but not limited to, solicitation of funds, advertising, or marketing of any good or services); and
- Any material or content that infringes, misappropriate You will be fully responsible for any damages resulting from any breach of the above limitations, as well as any other harm caused by your uploading of content to this Site.
6. Liability and Warranty Disclaimer
This site's content, products, and services may contain mistakes or errors, including pricing errors. We do not guarantee the accuracy of and expressly disclaim all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information and description of the content, products, and services. We expressly reserve the right to correct any pricing errors on the site and/or on pending reservations made at an incorrect price. SIB Insure makes no warranties or representations about the suitability of the information, Software, products, and services contained on this site for any purpose, and the inclusion or offering of any products or services on this site does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of such products or services. All such information, software, goods, and services are provided "AS IS," with no warranties expressed or implied. SIB Insure disclaims all guarantees and conditions that this site, its services, or any email received from SIB, its affiliates, and/or their respective or connected service providers are virus-free. SIB Insure expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions relating to this material, software, goods, and services, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a specific purpose, title, and non-infringement. SIB Insure is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches, or negligence of any such service providers, or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from such acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches, or negligence. SIB and its affiliates accept no obligation and will not provide refunds in the case of any delay, cancellation, strike, force majeure, or other factors beyond their immediate control, and they accept no responsibility for any additional expenditure, omissions, delays, or acts of any government or authority. In no event shall SIB or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to, display of, or use of this site or the delay or inability to access, display, or use this site (including, but not limited to, your reliance on opinions appearing on this site; any computer viruses, information, software, linked sites, products, and services obtained through this site; any computer viruses, information.
7. Disclaimer Regarding Online Availability, Impressions, and Click-Throughs
There are no guarantees or warranties regarding the online availability, impressions, and click-through of www.sibinsure.com, its web pages, and any material, information, links, or content presented on the web pages at www.sibinsure.com, in addition to the other disclaimers and limitations discussed in this notice. SIB Insure, its web pages, and any material, information, links, or content published on the web pages at www.sibinsure.com may become inaccessible online at any moment.
Before publishing any advertising material, information, links, content, banners, and graphics on www.sibinsure.com, SIB Insure must authorise the advertising sponsors and advertising, if any and if permitted. SIB has the right, for any reason, to approve or reject any advertising sponsor or advertisement.
8. Terms and Conditions for Cancellation, Refund, and Chargeback
- Free look period Cancellation and Refund: According to IRDAI rules and regulations, you have the right to cancel your insurance policy within 15 (fifteen) days of (online) receipt of insurance policy (referred to as "Free look period"), and a refund of your premium amount will be processed in accordance with the insurer's applicable process and procedures. This free look service is only available for Life and Health insurance plans, and is subject to certain other restrictions and limitations established by IRDAI. We advise all of our clients to thoroughly study the insurance policy document and use the free look option if the terms and circumstances of the insurance policy document do not meet your insurance needs. Furthermore, you understand that if you request cancellation within the Free look period, the policy is cancelled and the entire premium is refunded to you;
- Charges for medical tests performed;
- Administrative and service costs such as stamp duty and so on; and
- Charges for mortality for the period the policy was in force.
Please keep in mind that such a deduction is entirely at the discretion of the insurer.
All refund payments as mentioned in this paragraph 1 shall be the exclusive responsibility of the insurer in accordance with the IRDAI's rules and regulations. You understand that SIB Insure has partnered with RBI-approved payment gateways to allow you to make online payments toward your insurance premium amount, and that it is just serving as a conduit and assisting its clients with quick refunds.
- Chargebacks: You (the cardholder) may dispute a transaction made through our Website and submit a Chargeback with your issuing bank to have the transaction reversed. Chargeback allows you to reverse transactions under certain conditions, such as:
- Alleged forgery of the card number/bank account or other details
- Any charge/debit made on a card that has been listed as a hot listed card or otherwise listed on the card association (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) warning bulletins
- Duplicate processing of the transaction; or
- For other reasons as per applicable rules and guidelines issued by RBI, card associations.
However, we have the right to deny a Chargeback in the following circumstances, including but not limited to:
- If your medical tests or underwriting are ongoing with your selected insurer, they must be completed within 3 months of the date of your insurance policy application.
- In the event of any delay caused by the insurer in conducting medical tests or during the process of medical underwriting or issuance of insurance policy or any service provided by the insurer in connection with the issuance of insurance policy, not to exceed 3 months from the date of your insurance policy application.
- If the insurer rejects your insurance policy application, postpone your medical test.
SIB will not be liable to you in any way for any claims, disputes, or proceedings that may arise in connection with Chargebacks initiated by you in the circumstances specified in (a) and (b) above.
9. Additional proposal form terms and conditions (applicable only to health insurance products):
- You hereby declare, on your behalf and on behalf of all people proposed to be insured, that the statements, responses, and/or particulars provided by you are true and complete to the best of your knowledge, and that you are authorised to propose on their behalf.
- You understand that the information you supply will form the foundation of the insurance policy, that it is subject to the insurer's Board-approved underwriting policy, and that the policy will only become effective after full payment of the premium charged.
- You further declare that you will notify the insurance company in writing of any change in the occupation or general health of the life to be insured/proposer after the proposal has been filed but before the risk acceptance is communicated by the insurance company.
- You declare that you agree to the insurance company seeking medical information from any doctor or hospital who/which has attended on the person to be insured/proposer at any time, or from any past or present employer concerning anything affecting the physical or mental health of the person to be insured/proposer, as well as seeking information from any insurer to whom an application for insurance on the person to be insured/proposer has been made for the purpose of underwriting.
- You permit the SIB Insure/Insurance Company to communicate information about your proposal, including the insured's medical data, with any Governmental and/or Regulatory authority and for the sole purpose of underwriting the proposal and/or claims settlement.
- You consent to and authorise any of the insurance company's authorised representatives who are not direct employees of the company to obtain medical information from any hospital/medical practitioner that you or any person proposed to be insured/insured has attended or may attend in the future concerning any disease, illness, or injury for the purpose of policy issuance or claim settlement under this policy.
10. You understand and agree that (section 41 of Insurance Act)
- No person shall allow or offer to allow, directly or indirectly, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy as an inducement to any person to take out, renew, or continue an insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, nor shall any person taking out, renewing, or continuing a Policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectuses or tables of the insurers.
- Any person who fails to comply with the provisions of this section will be subject to a penalty of up to 10 lakh rupees.
11. Requirements for Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
You agree and acknowledge that in order to conduct any financial transaction via the website, Our Company may conduct client/customer due diligence measures and seek mandatory information required for KYC purposes, which as a customer you are required to provide, while facilitating your request for insurance requirements with the insurance company, in accordance with applicable laws and rules. You hereby consent to and permit Our Company to access your credit information through approved companies as needed. Our Company may gather enough information to establish, to it’s or the insurance company's satisfaction, the identity of each new client, as well as the purpose of the intended nature of the insurance relationship between you and the insurance company. You accept and understand that any payment for insurance premiums must be made exclusively through your bank account or a joint bank account in which you are a joint holder. If you pay your insurance premium through a bank account opened in the name of a third party (rather than in your name), you agree and acknowledge that Our Company can take enhanced due diligence measures (including any documentation) to satisfy itself relating to customer due diligence requirements. You further agree and accept that, in accordance with the requirements and duties set out in the PMLA Act and rules, any refunds will be handled by the insurance company through us to the bank account used to remit insurance premium payment.
12. Disclaimer of License
Nothing on any SIB Insure website should be interpreted as granting a licence under any of SIB's or any third party's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise.
13. Local Laws
SIB Insure complies with local, state, and federal regulations. We make every effort to provide information under its control or possession, or assistance to any Government agency that is lawfully authorised to investigate or protect cybersecurity activities, for the purposes of identity verification, or for the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of offences under any law currently in force, or for cyber security incidents, as soon as possible, but no later than 72 hours of receipt of an order or request. As a result, our Complaint Coordinator and legal team are empowered to receive and accept any order, notification, or directive issued by the Appropriate Government, any competent authority, or a court of competent jurisdiction. SIB Insure manages this Website from its offices in Delhi, India, and makes no claim that the materials on the website are suitable or available for use in other areas. You are responsible for complying with relevant local laws, including but not limited to export and import rules of other countries, if you use this Website from other areas. Unless otherwise specified, any marketing or promotional materials contained on this Website are only aimed to persons, corporations, or other organisations situated in India and conform to Indian regulations in effect at the time. Disputes, if any, will be resolved exclusively by the courts of Delhi.
14. Liability Limitation
You expressly understand and agree that SIB Insure and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, and licensors will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if SIB has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the site, content, or any related services. If, despite the limitations set forth above, SIB Insure or its Affiliates are found liable for any loss or damage arising from or in any way connected with any of the occurrences described above, SIB's and/or its Affiliates' liability will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of (a) the service fees you paid to SIB Insure in connection with such transaction(s) on this Site, or (b) Rupees One Hundred only (INR 100) The transfer of risk between the parties is reflected in the restriction of responsibility. Even if any limited remedy stated in these terms is judged to have failed of its basic purpose, the limits indicated in this section will continue and apply. SIB Insure, its affiliates, and/or their respective service providers’ benefit from the limitations of liability set out in these conditions.
You agree to indemnify and hold SIB Insure (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties, or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature arising out of or related to your breach of this TOU, violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or use of the Site.
16. Communication via Electronic Methods
You are communicating with SIB Insure electronically when you use the Site or send emails to SIB. You agree to receive SIB Insure messages electronically. SIB may contact with you by email, messages posted on the Site, phone, or other commonly available means of communication. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications sent to you electronically meet any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
17. Email and Postings on the Site
The Site may allow users to send email messages to other users and non-users, as well as publish messages on the Site. SIB Insure has no duty to examine any messages, information, or material ("Postings") provided by users on the Site and accepts no responsibility or liability for any such Postings. Regardless of the above, SIB may monitor the Postings on the Site from time to time and may reject to accept and/or remove any email or Postings. You acknowledge and agree not to use the Site's functionality to post material or begin interactions, or to host, display, upload, alter, publish, transmit, save, update, or distribute any information that contains:
- Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law in force at the time, or is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, invasive of another privacy including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, libellous, racially or ethnically objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inconsistent with or contrary to the laws in force;
- Any type of advertisement or solicitation;
- Impersonate others or supply any false information or belonging to another individual over which the user has no right;
- Messages containing personal information such as phone numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employment references;
- Messages from non-spokesperson SIB Insure personnel appearing to speak on behalf of SIB, providing private information, or expressing opinions about SIB Insure;
- Messages offering illicit downloads of copyrighted or confidential material, or infringing on any patent, trademark, copyright, or other property rights;
- Multiple messages sent in different files by the same person, all reiterating the same subject;
- Any type of chain letter;
- Identical (or substantially similar) communications sent to many recipients advertising any product or service, expressing a political or other similar message, or conveying any other form of unwanted commercial message;
- is harmful to the child;
- deceives or misleads the recipient regarding the origin of the letter, or knowingly and wilfully conveys any material that is clearly false or misleading in character but may fairly be interpreted as a fact;
- impersonates someone else;
- threatens India's unity, integrity, defence, security, or sovereignty, cordial relations with other states, or public order, or incites the commission of any cognizable offence or hampers the investigation of any offence, or insults another nation;
- includes a software virus or any other type of computer code, file, or programme designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the performance of any computer resource; or
- Is obviously false and inaccurate, and is written or disseminated in any manner with the goal to deceive or harass a person, entity, or agency for financial gain or to cause harm to any person.
This ban encompasses, but is not limited to
- Making Use of SIB Send messages to persons that you don't know or who are unlikely to recognise as a known contact;
- Connecting to individuals you don't know via SIB and then delivering unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their consent; and c) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
Links to other World Wide Web sites or resources may be provided by the Site or by third parties. You understand and agree that SIB Insure is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and that SIB does not support and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further recognise and agree that SIB Insure is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or claimed to be caused by or in connection with any such content, products, or services accessible on or from any such site or resource.
19. Access to Password-Restricted/Secure Areas
Only authorised users have access to and usage of password-protected and/or secure portions of the Site. Unauthorized people who attempt to gain access to various portions of the Site may face prosecution.
20. Modification and Change Notifications
If SIB makes a major change to this TOU, it may tell you by:
SIB Insure/its parent company, as well as other affiliated parties and service suppliers, own the trademarks, logos, and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site. Users are not permitted to use any Marks for any purpose, including, but not limited to, utilising them as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web, without the explicit authorization of SIB or such third party as may hold the Marks. Copyright protects all information and content, including any software programmes, available on or through the Site ("Content"). Users are not permitted to alter, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, licence, create derivative works from, or use any Content available on or via the Site for commercial or public purposes.
22. Survival of Terms after Contract Ends
Any provision of this TOU that imposes or envisions continuing duties on a party will survive the expiration or termination of this TOU, regardless of any other terms of this TOU or any general legal principles to the contrary.
If any of these conditions is found to be invalid, void, or unenforceable for any reason, the parties agree that the court should make every effort to give effect to the parties' intentions as expressed in the provision, and the unenforceable condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition. Headings are solely for convenience and do not limit the scope or breadth of the section. This TOU and your relationship with SIB Insure shall be governed by Indian law, without regard to its conflict of law rules. SIB's failure to act in response to a breach committed by you or others does not forfeit its right to act in response to subsequent or similar breaches. SIB Insure does not promise that it will take action in response to all violations of this TOU. There shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this TOU, unless clearly stated differently in this TOU. This TOU supersedes all earlier agreements between you and SIB Insure about the Site.